IMPORT/EXPORT LETTER OF CREDIT
The letter of Credit is a payment instrument with higher security levels issued by a bank, acting on request and in accordance with instructions from its client and through which it undertakes to:
- Pay a third party (Beneficiary, exporter or seller).
- Accept bills of exchange drawn by the beneficiary.
- Authorize another bank to pay or accept bills of exchange against delivery of required documents, provided compliance with all terms and conditions of the original credit.
The Banco de Costa Rica has an extensive network of correspondent banks that allows us to make a direct transfer to the country where the Letter of Credit beneficiary is, obtaining:
- Speed of process as per same day delivery
- Courier service
- Letters discount on confirmed Letters of Credit
- Very competitive fees and charges
Telephone: (506) 2211-1111
Fax: (506) 2255-0221
Address: San José, Costa Rica. Central and Second Avenues; Fourth and Sixth Streets